Monday, January 12, 2009

ooh la la...

The Marie Antoinette Soiree was all that and a box of Madelines to be sure! I would love to cover it all in one posting but I doubt that is even possible. First of all, our amazing hostess Kim Caldwell went all out to make us all feel like we were Marie. She prepared her home to accept us in the most gracious way and everything was just, well, over the top incredible! Très Magnifique!

I was so honored to be asked to host a swap so I jumped on it did a book titled "If I were Marie, I would..." and I have to say, I was tickled pink to see the finished product. The ladies all did an amazing job! Here is a shot of them completed and ready for delivery.

I will post more on the book soon. It is just amazing, thanks to the lovely ladies who participated! Here is a shot of the group who were there that day: Jessi, Cheryl, Sylvia, Kelly, Rebecca, Kim, Me and Maija. There were 5 other lovely ladies who will be attending the 2nd installment of the Marie Soiree who were there in spirit.
The wand swap was equally as fun. I was paired with Louise and she made this amazing wand out of a vintage wedding dress!

Here are close ups of the wand I made...



I was really intimidated to do this but it made me think "outside the box" for lack of a better term. It was a fun exercise of creativity.
One of my favorite pictures from the whole day is this one of the girls I spent so much time crafting and giggling with...

Rebecca, Cheryl, me, Jenny, and Candice. Could I ask for more?
More pictures to come...
xo~

6 comments:

Wanda said...

That must have been an amazing time. Kim always has the neatest looking events at her home. I'm glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see more of the book.

Maija said...

The book was unbelievable! I love you table photo!

Anonymous said...

Gina, it looks like you had a ball! I love the Marie fat book. What a great swap. Can't wait to see you in March. :) xoxo, Joanna

Unknown said...

Oh I wish I could have attended that! I love how you used thread spools for the wand!!

Sandy

terri k said...

It looks like you had a great time! Everything looked so wonderful!

Cooper Bentley said...

Nice shaare