Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Heartbreak...

"Heartbreak is life educating us"
                               ~george bernard shaw

I am sad to report that Despereaux Squeakling has passed away. 

We are not sure what happened but it could have been a number of things. 

He was so small

his mother was missing

his brothers as sisters were all popping up dead in various places at the school
(may have been poisoned)

but whatever it was,

we cared for him

and loved him

while he was with us. 

The worst part of it all

is that my kids are so sad. 

It is amazing...

the love they have in their hearts

for something that would repulse most.

I love them for that,

and hope they never lose it.

2 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Aww, I'm sorry.
My son had a pet rat, Fink was his name, a few years ago and when he died I was surprised at how sad I was.

Maija said...

Ick. But you were very sweet to try and care for it!
I missed you this weekeend!!