Friday, December 25, 2009

up on the house top click, click, click...

5:50 a.m.

"Mom"

I desperately hope I am dreaming...  but then just as sure as the first time, "Mom!"

I roll over and find I am nose to nose with mister energy himself, as if he found the secret espresso mines of the great starbucks and ate the beans whole...  "Mom, it is Christmas!"

I mumble less coherently than I believed I did, "It is the middle of the night, go back to bed, why are you even up?"

Dumb question.

"It's Christmas!!!"

These are the days we will remember. 

The magic of childhood, the sweetness and care for each other.

Thank you God for the day, your Son, and my family and friends.

Happy Birthday Jesus and Merry Christmas to all!




~hugs

4 comments:

Kim Caldwell said...

Merry Christmas to you and your cutie family!

Hugs, Kim

Alisa Noble said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Gina!

Bryanna Lenan said...

Merry Christmas, Gina!!! xo Bryanna

Sherry Williams said...

I love this picture of you & your family, Gina! I hope your Christmas was wonderful & your New Year will be happy & healthy.
hugs,
Sherry