Monday, December 28, 2009

Bellas in Training...

My little Anna was invited to participate in a "Bellas in Training Ornament Swap" hosted by Sheila and Janna.



It was a one-on-one swap where the girls were paired by age group. Anna and Dana became little pen pals over the email to get additional information of their likes and dislikes for ornaments. They then got to work and this is what they made...

Anna was inspired with my Bundle Up Birdie class by Jennifer Murphy and did a shadowbox ornament. She covered the box inside and out, added mica flakes and a couple of snowmen we had, tied seam binding around their necks for scarves and added vintage tinsel around the edge.



It is funny to learn what my little one picks up on from watching me. She has watched me do so many swaps in the past that she knew her project was not complete without her artist's info on the back.
This is what she came up with.



Sweet Dana created this beautiful wonder for Anna


This was so amazing because it is paper intricately woven together.
I am telling you, this girl has patience.
She even dusted on just a touch of glitz so that when the lights on the tree hit it, it sparkles!

It was so sweet to watch a swap from a parent's stand point.
Watching Anna's little creative wheels spin is always a treat.

~hugs

5 comments:

natalea said...

If that's not the CUTEST idea!! How sweet!
I hope you had a fabulous Christmas Gina!
happy New Year too!
xo natalea

Bryanna Lenan said...

Oh my she did a most lovely job!! WOW!! And I love your blog... you know I love owls!! xo Bryanna

Peggy Houston, TX said...

What an adorable creation by Anna - I love the scarves - it looks like they are blowing in the wind. Love the shinyness of Dana's paperwork. So cool to do this for your budding artists.

Alisa Noble said...

Awww, those little snowmen are too sweet!
They both did a fabulous job!

natalie said...

Anna did a great job! Obviously she has your talent!! xoxo Hope your Christmas was Fabulous...and have a Happy New Year!