Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why I love them so much...

Know why I love artistic girls so much? Because besides being incredibly creative, as a whole, they are some of the most generous people I have ever met. Today I got another shipment of birdie cards for our Fine Feathered Friends book swap (fabulous for sure!) and enclosed in the package was this wonderful assortment of goodies from Heidi Woodruff of Everyday Cookies. (You can find her here: http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/)

Look at the generous stash she sent!


My favorite was the vintage hummingbird! How totally thoughtful! Thank you Heidi!

On another note, a huge thanks to another super creative girlfriend Jenny for helping me see that sometimes simplicity is best. Now I am armed and ready for my Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice charm swap. It is so easy to think too hard about projects and over do them. Thank goodness for levelheaded talented girlfriends to keep us the right path and tell us to simply just stop!

xo

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I didn't realize it, but how fun for you to open up all the packages and see all the creative work of the swappers! I had fun making mine and are glad (and relieved) they are safe in your hands now. Glad you liked the little baggie of crafting bits and pieces! Feathers were flying as I was creating, so I just scrapped together what was already out for you!

I'm looking forward to meeting you at Silver Bella!
*Heidi*

Anonymous said...

Great stuff from Heidi! :) I'm thinking it must feel like Christmas for you... being able to open everyone gift (swap item) and arrange them into cute, little ATC books. :)

Maybe I should host a swap next year. :) xoxo, Joanna