Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a little birdie...

What is it that makes children sing while they sit quietly and work? 

I don't know what the inspiration is, but I hope mine never lose it. 

If I sit and listen, sometimes I even hear my youngest singing in her bed before sleep. 

I love that. 

You will be hard pressed to find a sound sweeter than the sound of your own child softly singing to themself.


"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." 
-Maya Angelou

May you have something to sing about today!

~hugs

3 comments:

Jill said...

My two youngest have been singing Christmas carols for 6 weeks, but not softly and they only know a few of the words. I love it too, but in a fun loud way--not a soft sweet way!

Bryanna Lenan said...

I can't wait until the day I hear JJ sing... how sweet it must be to know there is joy in your childs heart... after all doesnt singing signify just that? I on the other hand can't carry a tune, BUT I can often be found marching around my living room to Patsy Cline. Its my happy thing to do... I think I shared this with you before... hee hee hee!!!

Alisa Noble said...

Sweet post!